Uplifting Leadership: How Organizations, Teams, and Communities Raise PerformanceDe (autor) Andy Hargreaves, Alan Boyle, Alma Harris
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 15 Aug 2014
What does it take to do more with less? How can you do betterthan before, or better than others? How do you turn losses intowins, or near-bankruptcy into strong profitability, or abjectfailure into stellar success?
The power of uplift enables any organization to do more withless, beat the competition, and perform better than ever. Leaderswho uplift their employees' passions, intellects, and commitmentsproduce remarkable results.
Based on original research from a seven-year global study, Uplifting Leadership reveals how leaders from diverseorganizations inspired and uplifted their teams' performance.Distilling the six common characteristics of leaders athigh-performing organizations across business, sports, andeducation, authors Andy Hargreaves, Alan Boyle, and Alma Harrisexplore the nature of uplift, its impact on performance, and theways to achieve it within and beyond an organization's walls, revealing how leaders:
- Identify and articulate an inspiring dream that is coherentlyconnected to the best of what the organization has been before
- Pursue that dream at a sustainable pace without squanderingresources, incurring excessive debt, or burning people out
- Forge paths of innovation and improvement that others haveoverlooked or rejected
- Monitor progress by using metrics and indicators in a mindfuland meaningful way
- Build teams that naturally pull people into change rather thanpushing them through it
Featuring case studies of organizations as diverse asShoebuy.com, Fiat, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Marks & Spencer, Cricket Australia, Burnley Football Club, and the Vancouver Giants, as well as world-leading educational systems, UpliftingLeadership provides tools for leaders to incorporate theseperformance-driving strategies into their own.
For leaders who want their people to try harder, transform whatthey do, reach for a higher purpose, and stay resolute andresilient when opposing forces threaten to defeat them, Uplifting Leadership provides a path to better performanceacross any organization.
Ilustrații: black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
Dimensiuni: 179 x 233 x 23 mm
Greutate: 0.41 kg
Editura: JOSSEY BASS
Locul publicării: Hoboken, United States