The Backyard Sheep: An Introductory Guide to Keeping Productive Pet SheepDe (autor) Sue Weaver
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 21 May 2013
Dimensiuni: 178 x 226 x 15 mm
Greutate: 0.43 kg
Editura: Storey Publishing LLC
Textul de pe ultima copertă
Useful and lovable, sheep make wonderful backyard pets.Their fleece is fundamental to all sorts of fiber arts; their ultra-rich, high-fat milk produces delicious cheese; and if you raise herding dogs, sheep are a must!Sue Weaver's complete guide to raising two or twelve sheep covers everything from their place in history to their place in your backyard.
The essential beginner's guide to:
- Choosing a breed.Select the sheep that best suit your climate, facilities, and purpose.
- Housing and feeding.You want your sheep to be comfortable, well nourished and safe.
- Caring for sheep. Identify and treat illnesses and afflictions, breed your ewes, and see them safely through lambing season.
- Producing beautiful fleece. Handspinner-quality fleeces don't just happen; discover how to get the best from your sheep.
- Milking. Basic techniques and tips on handling your fresh milk will turn you into a pro in no time.
- Making cheese. Sheep-milk cheese and yogurt are two of the finest reasons to keep sheep."