Relationships For DummiesDe (autor) Kate M. Wachs
en Limba Engleză Paperback – March 2002
Follow the advice of the top romance specialist, and you can t go wrong.
Woman s World She s interviewed with Oprah and Phil Donahue, Time, the New York Times, USA Today, the Washington Post, Redbook and Cosmopolitan. Clearly Dr. Kate engages in no false advertising she s a nationally acclaimed relationship expert.
Let s face it, making a relationship work takes patience, perseverance, energy, and an unflagging commitment to maintain a happy healthy relationship. And sometimes, it takes a little help from a wise and knowledgeable friend.
Written by celebrated psychologist–matchmaker, Dr. Kate Wachs, Relationships For Dummies is a source of inspiration and ideas on how to find and keep a healthy relationship. Whether you ve just started dating or have been together with that special someone for years, Dr. Kate can help you:
- Tell the difference between a healthy and an unhealthy relationship
- Have a more loving, fun–filled relationship
- Enjoy a more vibrant and satisfying sex life
- Work through most relationship problems
- Find the positive and the fun in every relationship stage
Dr. Kate explodes common relationships and compatibility myths that cause people grief, and with the help of insightful quizzes, case studies, and real–life America Online letters Dr. Kate covers all the bases, including:
- Finding that special someone and knowing if it s really Mr. or Ms. Right
- Pacing and nurturing intimacy in the early stages of a relationship
- When, where, how, and with whom to have sex when dating
- Knowing when and if it s time to move in together
- When and if to get married
- Keeping psychological and emotional intimacy alive
- Keeping physical and sexual intimacy alive
From compatibility to communication, commitment to connecting in the bedroom, Relationships For Dummies is your total guide to having the relationships you want and deserve.
Dimensiuni: 187 x 229 x 22 mm
Greutate: 0.6 kg
Locul publicării: Hoboken, United States
- Marriage and family therapy is one of the fastest growing health care professions. Since 1970, there has been a 50–fold increase in the number of marriage and family therapists. (American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists, 1998).
- At any given time there are over 300,000 married couples in marriage counseling. (American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 1998).
- Single people living alone and unmarried people living together now compromise 30 percent of American households. (American Demographics, 1999).
Textul de pe ultima copertă
"Dr. Kate evokes solutions."
USA Today Find and keep a healthy relationship with tips from Dr. Kate
"Follow the advice of the top romance specialist, and you can’t go wrong."
Whether you’ve just started dating or have been together for years, Dr. Kate helps you enjoy a loving, fun–filled, exciting relationship. With real–life America Online letters and insightful quizzes, this essential guide shows you the best ways to nurture your love life everything from compatibility to communication to commitment to connecting in the bedroom!
Praise for Dr. Kate Wachs
"She’s interviewed with Oprah and Phil Donahue, Time, The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, Redbook and Cosmopolitan. Clearly Dr. Kate engages in no false advertising she’s a nationally acclaimed relationship expert."
"You gotta like Kate Wachs."
The Denver Post
Get smart! @www.dummies.com
- Find listings of all our books
- Create your own personalized book with Hungry Minds a la Carte
- Sign up for daily eTips at www.dummiesdaily.com
Part I: Relationships 101.
Chapter 1: Is It a Good Relationship...Or Not?
Chapter 2: Taking a Ride on the Cycle of Love.
Chapter 3: Is It a Match?
Chapter 4: What Makes Someone Compatible?
Chapter 5: Finding That Special Someone.
Part II: Getting Closer.
Chapter 6: Growing More Intimate.
Chapter 7: Sex Early in the Relationship.
Chapter 8: When (And Why) to Talk Exclusivity.
Chapter 9: Is It Time to Cohabit?
Part III: Staying In Love–––Psychological and Emotional Intimacy.
Chapter 10: Come On, Get Happy!
Chapter 11: Superglue #1: Good Communication –– The Nuts.
Chapter 12: Good Communication: The Bolts.
Chapter 13: Good Communication: Putting It All Together.
Part IV: Feeding the Flame –– Physical and Sexual Intimacy.
Chapter 14: Sexual Baloney.
Chapter 15: Superglue #2: Good Sex!
Chapter 16: Light That Fire!
Part V: Moving Forward Together.
Chapter 17: Marriage: The Magic Wand?
Chapter 18: Move Forward to Marriage?
Chapter 19: Mmmmmmarriage: The M Word.
Chapter 20: Relationship Rx.
Part VI: Moving Forward Separately.
Chapter 21: Breaking Up with Less Pain.
Chapter 22: Starting Over.
Part VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 23: Ten (+1) Tips to Successfully Pace a New Relationship.
Chapter 24: Ten Ways to Rekindle Your Flame.
Appendix A: The Dr. Kate Compatibility Quiz.
Appendix B: The Dr. Kate Communication Quiz.
Dr. Kate Wachs is America′s only Psychologist–Matchmaker. She runs The Relationship Center(TM) in Chicago, the only full–service introduction and counseling center of its kind. She has helped millions of people through matchmaking, counseling, and her media appearances.