History of Religious Ideas: From the Stone Age to the Eleusinian Mysteries - Volume 1 (Eliade. Istoria credințelor și ideilor)De (autor) Mircea Eliade Traducere de Willard R. Trask
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – April 1981
"No one has done so much as Mr. Eliade to inform literature students in the West about 'primitive' and Oriental religions. . . . Everyone who cares about the human adventure will find new information and new angles of vision." Martin E. Marty, "New York Times Book Review""
1. In the Beginning . . . : Magico-Religious Behavior of the Paleanthropians
2. The Longest Revolution: The Discovery of Agriculture—Mesolithic and Neolithic
3. The Mesopotamian Religions
4. Religious Ideas and Political Crises in Ancient Egypt
5. Megaliths, Temples, Ceremonial Centers: Occident, Mediterranean, Indus Valley
6. The Religions of the Hittites and the Canaanites
7. "When Israel Was a Child"
8. The Religion of the Indo-Europeans. The Vedic Gods
9. India before Gautama Buddha: From the Cosmic Sacrifice to the Supreme Identity Atman-Brahman
10. Zeus and the Greek Religion
11. The Olympians and the Heroes
12. The Eleusinian Mysteries
13. Zarathustra and the Iranian Religion
14. The Religion of Israel in the Period of the Kings and the Prophets
15. Dionysus, or Bliss Recovered
List of Abbreviations
Present Position of Studies: Problems and Progress, Critical Bibliographies
Textul de pe ultima copertă
'A History of Religious Ideas, volume 1 will arouse the interest of all historians of western religion, since it includes chapters on the religions of Canaan and Israel. However, the book must be read cover to cover if one wants to grasp the significance of its gigantic historical scope...Not only has the work unity through Eliade's authorship, but it lays the foundation of the history of religious' edifice of which he has been one of the principal architects.' -Kees W. Bolle, Church History.