Raising Your Spirited Child, Third Edition: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic: Spirited SeriesAutor Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 8 sep 2015
Do you ever wonder why your child behaves the way he or she does? Are you struggling with tantrums and meltdowns? Do you find yourself getting frustrated and feeling like you’re at the end of your rope?
You are not alone! Many parents are dealing with the same challenges.
In Raising Your Spirited Child, Third Edition, beloved parenting expert Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, Ed.D., offers ALL parents and caregivers a glimpse into what makes their spirited children behave the way they do. The key word that distinguishes spirited children from other children is "more" -- more intense, more persistent, more sensitive and more uncomfortable with change.
Through vivid examples and a refreshingly positive viewpoint, this invaluable guide offers emotional support and proven strategies for handling the toughest times. Dr. Mary has devised a plan for success with a simple four-step program that will help you:
· Understand your child's and your own temperamental traits
· Cope with tantrums and blowups when they do occur, and prevent them in the future
· Develop strategies for handling mealtimes, bedtimes, holidays, school, and many other situations.
· Implement discipline to win cooperation and establish clear boundaries
· Teach your child how to be a “problem solver” and work well with others
· … and more!
Including charts and quick tips for today’s time-challenged parents, this newly updated edition of Raising Your Spirited Child will help you foster a supportive, encouraging, and loving environment for your spirited child.
Textul de pe ultima copertă
The spirited child—often called "difficult" or "strong willed"—possesses traits we value in adults yet find challenging in children. Research shows that spirited children are wired to be "more"; by temperament, they are more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, and more uncomfortable with change than the average child. In this newly revised third edition of the award-winning classic, Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka provides vivid examples of real-life challenges and a refreshingly positive viewpoint. Within these pages you will find:
- New strategies for managing intensity levels—not just the spirited child's, but yours too
- A simple, four-step program for peaceful bedtimes, mealtimes, holidays, and many other commonly challenging situations
- A focus on your child's strengths
- Steps for teaching your child how to be a problem solver and how to work with others
- Updated guidance on establishing clear limits
- And more!