More iOS 6 Development: Further Explorations of the iOS SDKDe (autor) David Mark, Jeff LaMarche, Alex Horovitz, Kevin Kim
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 26 Dec 2012
More iOS 6 Development: Further Explorations of the iOS SDK digs deeper into Apple’s latest iOS 6 SDK. Bestselling authors Dave Mark, Alex Horovitz, Kevin Kim and Jeff LaMarche explain concepts as only they can—covering topics like Core Data, peer-to-peer networking using GameKit and network streams, working with data from the web, MapKit, in-application e-mail, and more. All the concepts and APIs are clearly presented with code snippets you can customize and use, as you like, in your own apps.
If you are going to write a professional iPhone or iPad app, you’ll want to get your arms around Core Data, and there’s no better place to do so than in the pages of this book. The book continues right where Beginning iOS 6 Development leaves off, with a series of chapters devoted to Core Data, the standard for Apple persistence. Dave, Alex, Kevin and Jeff carefully step through each Core Data concept and show techniques and tips specifically for writing larger apps—offering a breadth of coverage you won't find anywhere else.
The Core Data coverage alone is worth the price of admission. But there's so much more! More iOS 6 Development covers a variety of networking mechanisms, from GameKit’s relatively simple BlueTooth peer-to-peer model, to the addition of Bonjour discovery and network streams, through the complexity of accessing files via the web.
Dave, Alex, Kevin, and Jeff will also take you through coverage of concurrent programming and some advanced techniques for debugging your applications. The enhanced multitasking, threading, memory management and more are important. Apps are getting more and more complex, including sophisticated game apps that offer virtual or augmented reality experiences and new mapping views that take advantage of sensors and other APIs in the newest iOS 6 SDK.
Whether you are a relative newcomer to iPhone and iPad or iOS development or an old hand looking to expand your horizons, there’s something for everyone in More iOS 6 Development.
- Here We Go Round Again
- Core Data The What, Why & How
- A Super Start: Adding, Displaying, and Deleting Data
- The Devil in the Detail View
- Preparing for Change: Migrations and Versioning
- Custom Managed Objects
- Relationships, Fetched Properties, and Expressions
- iCloud Storage
- Peer-to-Peer Over Bluetooth Using GameKit
- MapKit - new geocoding
- Messaging: Mail, Twitter, and iMessage
- iPod Library Access
- Locking It Down: Generic Security Services Framework
- Keeping Your Interface Responsive: Advanced Storyboarding
- Unit Testing, Debugging, and Instruments
- The Road Goes Ever On...
Dave Mark is a longtime Mac developer and author who has written a number of books on Mac and iOS development, including Beginning iPhone 4 Development (Apress, 2010), More iPhone 3 Development (Apress, 2010), Learn C on the Mac (Apress, 2008), The Macintosh Programming Primer series (Addison-Wesley, 1992), and Ultimate Mac Programming (Wiley, 1995). Dave loves the water and spends as much time as possible on it, in it, or near it. He lives with his wife and three children in Virginia.
- Aims to be one of the first books on the new iOS 6 SDK for iPhone 5 and The New iPad apps development.
- Continues on the best selling legacy of the Beginning iPhone Development and More iPhone Development series by Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche.
- iPhone, iPad and iOS development are hot tech and book markets.