Max's Words (Max's Words)De (autor) Kate Banks Ilustrat de Boris Kulikov
en Limba Engleză Hardback – August 2006 – vârsta de la 4 până la 8 ani
Vezi toate premiile Carte premiată
Max's brothers have grand collections that everyone makes a big fuss over. Benjamin collects stamps and Karl collects coins, and neither one will share with their little brother. So Max decides to start a collection of his own. He's going to collect words. He starts with small words that he cuts out of newspapers and magazines, but soon his collection has spilled out into the hall. All the while, his brothers are watching. Benjamin brags that he has one thousand stamps. Karl is just a few coins short of five hundred. But a thousand stamps is really just a bunch of stamps, and a lot of coins is only a heap of money. A pile of words, however, can make a story.
Bright, bold pictures incorporating clever wordplay accompany this highly original tale about a younger brother's ingenuity.
"Max's Words" is a 2007 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.
"Brims with wit.& nbsp; Readers and writers alike will enjoy the linguistic fun in this nearly word-perfect book."& nbsp; --Starred, Publishers Weekly & nbsp; "Fine examples of concrete poetry.& nbsp; This tale pays homage to the written word."& nbsp; --Starred, School Library Journal & nbsp; "Kids are naturally inclined to collect things, and the idea of accumulating something intangible in this delightful homage to storytelling will intrigue them.& nbsp; In a word: & nbsp; captivating."& nbsp; -- Booklist
- Parents Choice Award (Fall) (1998-2007) Winner, 2006
- Red Clover Award Nominee, 2008
- North Carolina Children's Book Award Nominee, 2008
- Black-Eyed Susan Award Nominee, 2007
- Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award Nominee, 2008
- Florida Children's Book Award Nominee, 2009
- Buckaroo Book Award Nominee, 2008
- Grand Canyon Reader Award Nominee, 2009
- Lupine Award Honor Book, 2006
- Georgia Children's Book Award Nominee, 2010
- Monarch Award Nominee, 2010