Developing Writing Skills in Arabic: Politics and Process (Developing Writing Skills)De (autor) Taoufik Ben Amor
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 2013
Making use of reading comprehension, analysis of stylistic devices, a functional approach to grammar and well-graded exercises, the book exposes the student to a wide variety of styles and registers. Each chapter starts with a passive approach by letting the students analyze and discuss a sample text in the genre. It then moves on to a productive approach by expanding vocabulary, practicing using stylistic devices, studying grammar points pertinent to the main linguistic function of the chapter, and concludes with writing short and long compositions, both guided and free.
The following writing styles and genres are covered:
- Personal writing ߝ greetings, congratulating, condolences, social and family contact
- Professional writing ߝ advertising, applying to a school, writing a résumé
- Giving instructions ߝ notes, directions, recipes, technical instructions
- Description and comparison ߝ objects and places, people and characters
- Narration ߝ events and stories, autobiographies, biographies and diaries
- Academic writing ߝ stating an idea, explaining a hypothesis, providing examples, facts and data.
|Toate formatele și edițiile||Preț||Express|
|Paperback (1)||235.49 lei Economic 25-37 zile|
|Routledge – 2013||235.49 lei Economic 25-37 zile|
|Hardback (1)||602.42 lei Economic 25-37 zile|
|Routledge – 08 Feb 2013||602.42 lei Economic 25-37 zile|
Unit One: Personal Correspondences. Unit Two: Professional Correspondence and Writing. Unit Three: Instructions and Advertisements. Unit Four: Description and Comparison. Unit Five: Narration. Unit Six: Argumentation, Opinion Pieces and Academic Writing. Glossary