Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the iOS SDKDe (autor) David Mark, Jeff LaMarche, Jack Nutting
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 28 Jan 2011
Beginning iPhone 4 Development is a complete course in iOS 4 apps development. You’ll master techniques that work on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. We start with the basics, showing you how to download and install the tools you'll need, and how to create your first simple application. Next you’ll learn to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. You’ll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs. The confusing art of table building will be demystified, and you’ll learn techniques to save and retrieve your data using SQLite, iPhone’s built-in database management system and Core Data, the standard for persistence that Apple brought to iOS with the release of SDK 3.
And there’s much more! You’ll learn to draw using Quartz 2D and OpenGL ES, add multitouch gestural support (pinches and swipes) to your applications, and work with the camera, photo library, accelerometer, and built-in GPS. You’ll discover the fine points of application preferences and learn how to localize your apps for multiple languages. You'll also learn how to use the new concurrency APIs included in iOS 4, and make robust multithreaded applications using Grand Central Dispatch.
- The iPhone 4 update to the best-selling and most recommended book for Cocoa touch developers
- Written in an accessible, easy-to-follow style
- Full of useful tips and techniques to help you become an iOS pro
- Welcome to the Jungle
- Appeasing the Tiki Gods
- Handling Basic Interaction
- More User Interface Fun
- Autorotation and Autosizing
- Multiview Applications
- Tab Bars and Pickers
- Introduction to Table Views
- Navigation Controllers and Table Views
- iPad Considerations
- Application Settings and User Defaults
- Basic Data Persistence
- Grand Central Dispatch, Background Processing, and You
- Drawing with Quartz and OpenGL
- Taps, Touches, and Gestures
- Where Am I? Finding Your Way with Core Location
- Whee! Gyro and Accelerometer!
- iPhone Camera and Photo Library
- Application Localization
- Where to Next?
Dave Mark is a longtime Mac developer and author who has written a number of books on Mac and iOS development, including Beginning iPhone 4 Development (Apress, 2010), More iPhone 3 Development (Apress, 2010), Learn C on the Mac (Apress, 2008), The Macintosh Programming Primer series (Addison-Wesley, 1992), and Ultimate Mac Programming (Wiley, 1995). Dave loves the water and spends as much time as possible on it, in it, or near it. He lives with his wife and three children in Virginia.
Everything you need to know to develop your own best-selling iPhone and iPad apps, plus best practices for optimizing your code and delivering great user experiences.