Western Europe 2014Editat de Europa Publications
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 04 Nov 2013
New for 2014:
- coverage of the ongoing economic crisis in the eurozone and its effect on the politics and economies of countries in the region
- major political developments are analysed, including the legislative elections in Austria, Germany, Italy and other countries and territories in the region
- comprehensively updated directory sections, including new heads of state in Belgium and the Netherlands following the abdication of their respective monarchs, and Vatican City with the election of the new Pope.
Essays by leading experts on the area cover issues of regional importance.
Individual chapters on each country, comprising:
- an introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, history and economy of each country, including a chronology and map.
- an extensive statistical survey of economic and demographic indicators, including area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education.
- a comprehensive directory of names and contact details covering the most significant political and commercial institutions.
- a directory of research institutes specializing in the region
- bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the region.