Tietz Textbook of Laboratory MedicineDe (autor) Nader Rifai
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 08 Aug 2022
Use THE definitive reference for laboratory medicine and clinical pathology! Tietz Textbook of Laboratory Medicine, 7th Edition provides the guidance necessary to select, perform, and evaluate the results of new and established laboratory tests. Comprehensive coverage includes the latest advances in topics such as clinical chemistry, genetic metabolic disorders, molecular diagnostics, hematology and coagulation, clinical microbiology, transfusion medicine, and clinical immunology. From a team of expert contributors led by Nader Rifai, this reference includes access to wide-ranging online resources on Expert Consult — featuring the comprehensive product with fully searchable text, regular content updates, animations, podcasts, over 1300 clinical case studies, lecture series, and more.
- Authoritative, current content helps you perform tests in a cost-effective, timely, and efficient manner; provides expertise in managing clinical laboratory needs; and shows how to be responsive to an ever-changing environment.
- Current guidelines help you select, perform, and evaluate the results of new and established laboratory tests.
- Expert, internationally recognized chapter authors present guidelines representing different practices and points of view.
- Analytical criteria focus on the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures.
- Use of standard and international units of measure makes this text appropriate for any user, anywhere in the world.
- Expert Consult provides the entire text as a fully searchable eBook, and includes regular content updates, animations, podcasts, more than 1300 clinical case studies, over 2500 multiple-choice questions, a lecture series, and more.
- NEW! 19 additional chapters highlight various specialties throughout laboratory medicine.
- NEW! Updated, peer-reviewed content provides the most current information possible.
- NEW! The largest-ever compilation of clinical cases in laboratory medicine is included on Expert Consult.
- NEW! Over 100 adaptive learning courses on Expert Consult offer the opportunity for personalized education.
Greutate: 3.49 kg
1 Laboratory Medicine
2 Statistical Methodologies in Laboratory Medicine
3 Quality Management in the Clinical Laboratory
4 Specimen Collection and Handling
5 Preanalytical Variations and Preexamination Processes
6 Quality Control
7 NEW! Standardization and Harmonization
8 Biological Variations
9 Reference Intervals
10 Evidenced-Based Lab Medicine
12 Lab Support of Pharmaceutical, In Vitro Diagnostics and Epidemiologic Studies
13 NEW! Machine Learning and Big Data
14 NEW! Utilization of Laboratory Tests
15 Lab Safety
16 Optical Techniques
17 Electrochemistry and Chemical Sensors
20 Mass Spectrometry
21 Sample Preparation for Mass Spectrometry Applications
22 Mass Spectrometry Applications in Infectious Disease
23 Mass Spectrometry for Small Molecule
25 Enzyme and Rate Analysis
26 Immunochemical Techniques
27 Microfabrication and Microfluidics
29 Automation in the Clinical Lab
30 Point-of-Care Testing
31 Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
32 Serum Enzymes
33 Tumor Markers
34 Kidney Function Tests
36 Lipids and Lipoproteins
37 Electrolytes and Blood Gases
39 Vitamins and Trace Elements
40 Iron Metabolism
41 Porphyrins and Porphyrias
42 Therapeutic Drug Management
43 Clinical Toxicology
44 Toxic Elements
45 Body Fluids
47 Diabetes Mellitus
48 Cardiac Function
49 Kidney Disease
50 Disorders of Water, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Metabolism
51 Liver Disease
52 Gastric, Pancreatic & Intestinal Function
53 Monoamine Producing Tumors
54 Bone and Mineral Metabolism
55 Pituitary Function
56 Adrenal Cortex
57 Thyroid Disorders
58 Reproductive Endocrinology
59 Pregnancy and its Disorders
60 Newborn Screening and Inborn Errors of Metabolism (Small Molecules)
61 Newborn Screening and Inborn Errors of Metabolism (Large Molecules)
62 Principles of Molecular Biology
63 Nucleic Acid Isolation
64 Nucleic Acid Techniques
65 Genomes, Variants, and Massively Paralleled Methods
66 NEW! Clinical Genome Sequencing
67 Molecular Microbiology
69 Solid Tumors
70 NEW! Hematopathology
71 Circulating Tumor Cells and Circulating Nucleic Acids in Oncology
72 Circulating Nucleic Acids for Prenatal Diagnostics
75 NEW! Hemoglobin and Hemoglobinopathies
76 Automated Hematology
77 Red Blood Cell Morphology and Indices with Clinical Chemistry Interface
78 NEW! White Blood Cell Morphology
79 NEW! Platelets
80 NEW! Enzymes of the RBC
81 NEW! Overview of Infectious Disease
82 NEW! The Role of the Clinical Laboratory in Infection Prevention and Antimicrobial Stewardship
84 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
89 Blood Groups and Pretransfusion Testing
90 Blood Components, Products Modifications, and Blood Donor Screening
91 NEW! Indications for Transfusion: RBCs, platelets, plasma, and cryoprecipitate
92 NEW! Transfusion reactions/adverse events associated with transfusion
93 NEW! Allergy Testing
94 NEW! Immunogenicity of Biologics
95 NEW! Systemic Autoimmune Disease (ANA testing, RF, CCP, antibodies, etc.
96 NEW! Primary and secondary immunodeficiencies
97 NEW! Transplant
98 NEW! Immunogenetics
Appendix Reference Information for the Clinical Laboratory