The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and SecretsDe (autor) Barbara G. Walker
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 30 Nov 1983
- where the legend of a cat's nine lives comes from?
- why "mama" is a word understood in nearly all languages?
- how the custom of kissing began?
- whether there really was a female pope?
- why Cinderella's glass slipper was so important to the Prince?
Tracing these concepts to their prepatriarchal origins, Barbara G. Walker explores a "thousand hidden pockets of history and custom in addition to the valuable material recovered by archaeologists, orientalists, and other scholars."
Not only a compendium of fascinating lore and scholarship, The Woman's Encyclopedia is a revolutionary book that offers a rare opportunity for both women and men to see our cultural heritage in a fresh light, and draw upon the past for a more humane future.