The Wine Savant – A Guide to the New Wine CultureDe (autor) Michael Steinberger
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 17 Feb 2015
Never has the wine world had so much to offer, and never have smart decisions about value, quality, grape, and season been so difficult to make. In The Wine Savant, Michael Steinberger tramps through the world of contemporary wine--from three-buck Chuck and bucket-list Bordeaux to bottle speculators and biodynamic wineries--to give the inside scoop on the key concerns facing the new generation of wine lovers:
- Why is California suddenly cool again?
- What's really the difference between a 95-point wine and a 94-point wine?
- Why is Burgundy ascendant and Bordeaux suddenly so pass ?
- What's a biodynamic wine, what's a natural wine, and should you care?
- Do food and wine pairings still matter?
Featuring expert buying guides--including the New Kings of California and the World's Great $25-and-Under Bottles--and tips on tough-to-pair cuisines like Indian and Japanese, The Wine Savant is the perfect guide to today's often-bewildering realm of choice: ferociously opinionated and committed body and soul to enjoying every glass.
Dimensiuni: 139 x 209 x 14 mm
Greutate: 0.17 kg
Editura: W. W. Norton & Company
Locul publicării: United States