The Pier at the End of the World (Tilbury House Nature Book)De (autor) Paul Erickson, Andrew Martinez
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 21 Jun 2019
Vivid photos of a wolf fish munching a sea urchin, a hermit crab switching shells, a sea slug arming itself with stinging cells stolen from an anemone, a 35-pound lobster guarding his domain, and other exotic creatures take us from dawn to darkness. Colorful panoramic paintings show us the bigger picture, including the eyes of nighttime predators and the creatures who are missing the following morning.
- A gorgeous book for future scientists.
- Both lyrical and scientifically accurate, the story follows a day in the life of the denizens lurking in the cold, tide-swept waters beneath a remote pier on the shore of a northern sea.
- Stunning underwater photos of a wolffish munching a live sea urchin, a hermit crab switching shells, a sea slug arming itself with stinging cells stolen from an anemone, a starfish thrusting its stomach through its mouth to digest its prey, exotic-looking basket stars straining the water for food, a 35-pound hundred-year-old lobster guarding his domain, and other exotic creatures take us from dawn to darkness.
- Colorful panoramic paintings of the bigger picture, including the eyes of nighttime predators and the creatures who are among the missing the following morning.
- Includes an appendix of macro-photos showing tiny animals that are critical to the food web. Another appendix gives scientific names and brief science facts about all animals in the book.
- Interactive, as readers are asked to compare before-night and after-night images to discover who's missing
- Correlations to the Next Generation Science Standards and the Common Core ELA Standards available online at www.tilburyhouse.com
The Tilbury House Nature Book series brings the natural world to life for young readers without anthropomorphizing animals. Each book aims for the highest standards of scientific accuracy and storytelling magic.
Fountas & Pinnell Level T
|Toate formatele și edițiile||Preț||Express|
|Paperback (1)||52.69 lei Precomandă|
|Tilbury House Publishers – 05 Oct 2021||52.69 lei Precomandă|
|Hardback (1)||86.50 lei Economic 21-33 zile||+8.45 lei 6-8 zile|
|Tilbury House Publishers – 21 Jun 2019||86.50 lei Economic 21-33 zile||+8.45 lei 6-8 zile|