The Fashion Designer Survival Guide, Revised and Expanded Edition: Start and Run Your Own Fashion BusinessCuvânt înainte de Diane Von Furstenberg De (autor) Mary Gehlhar
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – July 2018
With advice from fashion luminaries including Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Cynthia Rowley, Diane von Furstenberg, Richard Tyler, and top executives from Saks Fifth Avenue and Barneys New York, this fully updated and revised edition of The Fashion Designer Survival Guide addresses the latest trends in apparel and accessories, the newest designers, an updated introduction, and a new foreword by Diane von Furstenberg, Designer and President of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The Fashion Designer Survival Guide provides the necessary tools to get a fashion line or label up and moving on the right track, including:
- How to create a viable business plan
- Figuring out how much money you need, where and how to get it, and how to make it last, including the latest on private equity
- The best sources for fabric and materials
- Navigating the pitfalls of production both at home and abroad
- Marketing, branding, and getting the product into the stores and into the customer’s closets
- Romancing the press, dressing celebrities, and creative publicity techniques
- Producing a runway show that will get results
As the Fashion Division Director of Gen Art, Mary Gehlhar has worked closely with up-and-coming designers to start, operate, and grow design businesses. She has lent her expertise to the Rising Star Award committee at Fashion Group International, the Pratt Institute Fashion Jury, and the Open Call panel for the Miramax/Bravo show Project Runway. Mary has been interviewed by the New York Times, British Vogue, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and E! Style channel.