The Far East and Australasia 2013 (Far East and Australasia)Editat de Europa Publications
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 06 Dec 2012
The 2013 edition includes:
- coverage of recent elections, including those in Taiwan, Mongolia, South Korea, Timor-Leste and Papua New Guinea
- expert analysis of the accession to power of Kim Jong Un in North Korea
- in-depth coverage of the progress of President Thein Sein’s reform agenda in Myanmar
Essays exploring regional issues include the rise of China, the USA’s increasing strategic focus on the Pacific region, the security challenges of East and South-East Asia, inter-Korean relations, human rights issues and a survey of environmental affairs in the region.
Individual chapters on each country containing:
- essays on geography, history and the economy
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators
- a comprehensive directory of names and contact details covering the most significant political, financial and commercial institutions
Includes major international organizations and research institutes active in the region, a detailed survey of major commodities and select bibliographies of relevant books and periodicals.