Textbook of Interventional CardiologyDe (autor) Eric J. Topol, Paul S. Teirstein
en Limba Engleză Carte Hardback – 24 Oct 2015
Ideal for cardiologists, surgeons, and referring physicians who need a clinical guide to interventional procedures, Textbook of Interventional Cardiology focuses on the latest treatment protocols for managing heart disorders at every level of complexity. In this updated edition, Dr. Topol continues to bring together experts in the field who present the current state of knowledge and clinical practice in interventional cardiology, including cutting-edge theories, trends, and applications of diagnostic and interventional cardiology, as well as peripheral vascular techniques and practices.
- Offers an in-depth understanding of cardiology, making it well suited for cardiology and interventional cardiology exam preparation.
- Expert guidance from leading authorities ensures a fresh and balanced perspective on every aspect of interventional cardiology.
- Presents the most recent genetic information and clinical trials related to interventional cardiology.
- Highlights the latest treatment advances, procedures, devices, and techniques, includingtranscatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
- Brand-new chapters include Radiation Safety, Renal Denervation for Resistant Hypertension, Post PCI Hospitalization, Length of Stay and Discharge Planning, and Interventional Heart Failure.
- Offers balanced coverage of the entire scope of technologies available, without favoring one particular device over another.
- Integrates the latest trial data into discussions on clinical practice and recommendations.
- Multiple images of devices and intra-procedural imaging enhance your visual understanding of the material.
- Key Points boxes at the beginning of each chapter summarize the most important facts.
- Features 45 videos easily accessible via Expert Consult.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers access to all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Ilustrații: Approx. 965 illustrations (965 in full color)
Dimensiuni: 222 x 281 x 50 mm
Greutate: 3.43 kg
Ediția: 7 Rev ed.
SECTION I: PATIENT SELECTION
1. Individualized Assessment for Percutaneous or Surgical Revascularization
2. Evidence-Based Interventional Practice
4. Prior Evaluation: Functional Testing, Multidetector Computed Tomography
5. Intracoronary Pressure and Flow Measurements
6. Contrast-Induced Acute Kidney Injury and the Role of Chronic Disease in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
7. Radiation Safety During Cardiovascular Procedures
8. Preoperative Coronary Intervention
9. Gender and Ethnicity Issues in Interventional Cardiology
SECTION II: PHARMACOLOGIC INTERVENTION
10. Platelet Inhibitor Agents
11. Anticoagulation in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
12. Lipid Lowering in Coronary Artery Disease
13. Thrombolytic Intervention
14. Other Adjunctive Drugs for Coronary Intervention: Beta-Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers, and Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
SECTION III: CORONARY INTERVENTION
15. The History of Balloon Angioplasty
16. Bare-Metal and Drug-Eluting Coronary Stents
17. Drug-Coated Balloons
18. Elective Intervention for Stable Angina or Silent Ischemia
19. Intervention for Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes
20. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction
21. Interventions in Cardiogenic Schock
22. Bifurcations and Branch Vessel Stenting
23. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Unprotected Left Main Coronary Artery Stenosis
24. Complex and Multivessel Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
25. Intervention for Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion
26. Bypass Graft Intervention
27. The Thrombus-Containing Lesion
28. Complications of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
29. Periprocedural Myocardial Infarction and Embolism-Protection Devices
30. Access Management and Closure Devices
31. Transradial Approach for Diagnostic Coronary Angiography and Intervention
32. The Role of the Cardiac Surgeon
34. Bioresorbable Coronary Scaffolds
35. The Role of Adjunct Devices: Atherectomy, Cutting Balloon, and Laser
36. Support Devices for High-Risk Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
37. Regional Centers of Excellence for the Care of Patients with Acute Ischemic Heart Disease
38. Post- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Hospitalization, Length of Stay, and Discharge Planning
SECTION IV: PERIPHERAL VASCULAR INTERVENTIONS
39. Lower Extremity Interventions
40. Upper Extremities and Aortic Arch
41. Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia: Diagnosis and Intervention
42. Renal Artery Stenosis
43. Device Therapy for Resistant Hypertension
44. Thoracic and Abdominal Aortic Vascular Interventions
45. Venous Interventions
46. Carotid and Cerebrovascular Intervention
47. Stroke Centers and Interventional Cardiology
SECTION V: INTRACARDIAC INTERVENTION
48. Imaging for Intracardiac Interventions
49. Percutaneous Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale and Atrial Septal Defect
50. Left Atrial Appendage Closure and Stroke: Local Device Therapy for Cardioembolic Stroke Protection
51. Mitral Valvuloplasty
52. Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
53. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Interventions: From Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty to Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation
54. Pulmonary and Tricuspid Valve Interventions
55. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
56. Pericardial Interventions
57. Transcatheter Therapies for Congenital Heart Disease
58. Stem Cell Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease
SECTION VI: EVALUATION OF INTERVENTIONAL TECHNIQUES
59. Qualitative and Quantitative Coronary Angiography
60. Intravascular Ultrasound
61. High-Risk Vulnerable Plaques: Definition, Diagnosis, and Treatment
62. Optical Coherence Tomography
SECTION VII: OUTCOME EFFECTIVENESS OF INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY
63. Medical Economics in Interventional Cardiology
64. Quality of Care in Interventional Cardiology
65. Volume and Outcome
66. Interventional Heart Failure