Robin Rescues Dinner: 52 Weeks of Quick-Fix Meals, 350 Recipes, and a Realistic Plan to Get Weeknight Dinners on the TableDe (autor) Robin Miller
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – June 2009
Set the table for fantastic weeknight meals with the help of Food Network star Robin Miller.
It’s great to have an ambitious plan to cook healthy dinners from scratch every night. It’s an entirely different story to execute it! Not to worry. Robin Miller–star of Food Network’s Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller and Robin to the Rescue–is here to save the day.
Known for her quick, bright ideas for healthy and satisfying meals, Robin shares her unique and completely realistic strategy for a busy workweek in Robin Rescues Dinner. It’s as simple as planning three dishes in advance so that you’re prepared, no matter what the week brings! Here you’ll find 52 weeks of meals, each including three weeknight main dishes, heaps of suggestions for morphing one dish into another, a bounty of side dishes and desserts, and clever tips and techniques to speed up preparation time.
Robin pairs her practical know-how with delectable flavors in more than 350 brand-new recipes brought to life in 38 beautiful color photographs. Starting in January and ending in December, the recipes follow the seasons, with comforting cold-weather dishes in winter and summer plates that make the most of seasonal produce. With Robin Rescues Dinner, weeknight dinners have never been easier–or more delicious!
Ilustrații: 2 16-PAGE 4-COLOR INSERTS
Dimensiuni: 186 x 229 x 27 mm
Greutate: 0.78 kg
Editura: POTTER CLARKSON N
ROBIN MILLER, host of Food Network’s Quick Fix Meals, a show dedicated to fast weeknight cooking, and Robin to the Rescue, has a master’s degree in food and nutrition from New York University. She lives in Arizona with her husband and their two sons.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
We love quesadillas in our house, so I'm always creating a new version. This simple combination contains tortillas stuffed with steak, cheese, spinach, and caramelized onions. What takes them over the top is the guacamole on the side—an awesome (and ridiculously simple) blend of avocados, ranch dressing, lime juice, tomato, and cilantro.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup sliced yellow or red onion
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
• 1⁄4 cup prepared ranch dressing
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1⁄2 cup diced ripe beefsteak or plum tomato
• 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cooking spray
• 4 8- to 10-inch flour tortillas
• 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• Reserved cooked steak slices (or 3 to 4 cups sliced cooked steak or chicken)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sugar and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onion is soft and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, to make the guacamole, in a medium bowl, combine the avocado, ranch dressing, and lime juice. Mash with a fork until blended. Stir in the tomato and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Coat a stovetop griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
4. Arrange the tortillas on a flat surface. Top half of each tortilla with shredded cheese, spinach, reserved steak, and caramelized onions. Fold over the un-topped side, making a half moon. Place the quesadillas on the hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese melts.
5. Serve the quesadillas with the guacamole on the side.
"Robin Miller maps out the perfect meal plan for every busy home cook. Most important, her recipes come packed with flavor and pleasant surprises."
—Bobby Flay, author of Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries & Shakes