Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals and TroubleshootingDe (autor) Christian Bolton, Justin Langford, Brent Ozar, James Rowland–Jones, Jonathan Kehayias, Cindy Gross, Steven Wort
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 29 Dec 2009
SQL Server administrators need to ensure that SQL Server remains running 24/7. Authored by leading SQL Server experts and MVPs, this book provides in-depth coverage of best practices based on a deep understanding of the internals of both SQL Server and the Windows operating system.
You'll get a thorough look at the SQL Server database architecture and internals as well as Windows OS internals so that you can approach troubleshooting with a solid grasp of the total processing environment. Armed with this comprehensive understanding, readers will then learn how to use a suite of tools for troubleshooting performance problems whether they originate on the database server or operating system side.
- SQL Server Architecture
- Understanding Memory
- SQL Server Waits and Extended Events
- Working with Storage
- CPU and Query Processing
- Locking and Latches
- Knowing Tempdb
- Defining Your Approach To Troubleshooting
- Viewing Server Performance with PerfMon and the PAL Tool
- Tracing SQL Server with SQL Trace and Profiler
- Consolidating Data Collection with SQLDiag and the PerfStats Script
- Introducing RML Utilities for Stress Testing and Trace File Analysis
- Bringing It All Together with SQL Nexus
- Using Management Studio Reports and the Performance Dashboard
- Using SQL Server Management Data Warehouse
- Shortcuts to Efficient Data Collection and Quick Analysis
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Dimensiuni: 188 x 235 x 30 mm
Greutate: 1.05 kg
Locul publicării: Hoboken, United States