Population-Based Nursing, Third Edition: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced PracticeDe (autor) Ann L. Curley
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 10 Sep 2019
Praise for the First Edition:
"...nicely integrates epidemiological concepts, evidence-based practice in population health, and program development and evaluation...Authors describe epidemiological research designs, research synthesis, and evidence assessment--knowledge essential for advanced practice nurses working with populations or in the community."--Journal of Community Health Nursing
In its third edition, Population-Based Nursing continues to be the only advanced practice nursing text to focus on core competencies in both epidemiology and population health. This comprehensive resource delivers essential content for doctoral nursing practice (as outlined by the AACN) and encompasses the many changes in health care that affect population-based nursing. It describes the role of the advanced practice nurse in identifying and mitigating health care disparities at the local, national, and global levels and provides guidance on how to conduct community assessments. A strong foundation in epidemiologic methodology is provided, including coverage of mortality measures, testing validity and reliability, study designs, risk and casualty assessment, and data analysis and interpretation.
Updated throughout, the third edition includes new and expanded topics such as the role of accreditation in validating population-based practice and programs; value-based care; and the use of technology, data, and information systems in population health. The text includes links to online resources and a robust instructor manual with exercises and discussion questions. In addition to its value as a primary textbook in DNP and MSN programs, the text also serves as valuable resource for advanced practice nursing professionals.
- Includes a strong focus on both epidemiology and population-based nursing competencies
- Addresses the Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice as outlined by the AACN
- Includes new and expanded topics such as the role of accreditation in validating population-based practice and programs; value-based care; and the use of technology, data, and information systems in population health
- Examines how technological innovation and social networking impact the development of interventions and population outcomes
- Provides links to online resources and a robust Instructor Manual with exercises and discussion questions
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Dimensiuni: 182 x 252 x 19 mm
Greutate: 0.64 kg