Pimsleur Conversational Punjabi (Pimsleur Conversational)Editat de Pimsleur
en Limba Engleză CD-Audio – June 2012
- Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language of the Indo-European language family. It is unique for being the only tonal language in this family.
- There are ten Punjabi dialects which are mostly mutually intelligible. This course teaches the Eastern Punjabi dialect as spoken in India.
- Punjabi is spoken by approximately 110-112 million people world-wide.
- It is an official language in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, and is also spoken elsewhere in northwestern India. Although not considered an offical language in Pakistan, it is spoken by the majority in the Pakistani province of Punjab.
- It is also spoken by expatriate communities in Bangladesh, Canada, Fiji, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia (Peninsular), Mauritius, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. In Canada, Punjabi is thought to be the sixth most frequently spoken language.
- Punjabi is most commonly written using the Gurmukhi script. The reading lessons in this course teach how to read the Gurmukhi alphabet.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Punjabi language learning "(the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Punjabi Comprehensive Program). "
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
- "Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive CD course."