Nursing Delegation and Management of Patient Care - Binder ReadyDe (autor) Kathleen Motacki, Kathleen Burke
en Limba Engleză Foi volante – 11 Aug 2022
What makes a good nurse leader or patient care manager? Nursing Delegation and Management of Patient Care, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive, evidence-based guide to the skills and competencies you need to lead effectively. Coverage includes a wide range of management concepts, such as prioritization, delegation, and care management in a hospital setting. To prepare you for today's healthcare challenges, the book helps you master the staff nurse's role in human resource management, relationship management, diversity, and shared decision making. From noted educators Kathleen Motacki and Kathleen Burke, this text prepares you for success on the Next Generation NCLEX® exam and helps you meet the job requirements of magnet-status hospitals.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses the roles and responsibilities of the manager of patient care position, core competencies required of nurses caring for patients, and a wide range of management concepts that new nurses need to know before they enter practice.
- Strong focus on "management of care" includes areas in which you will be tested on the NCLEX-RN® examination, such as prioritization, delegation, and assignment.
- Clinical Corner and Evidence-Based Practice boxes include real-world tips and advice on patient or client management, as well as current research and best practices.
- NCLEX® Examination Questions at the end of each chapter help you review important content.
- Learning features in each chapter include objectives, key terms, critical thinking case scenarios, and application exercises.
- Expert author team represents years of teaching experience in nursing leadership and management.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies at the end of each section familiarize you to the way that content will be tested in the new NGN exam.
- NEW! Leadership roles/competencies and evidence-based practice examples are included from across the care continuum: ambulatory care, long-term care, and community-based care.
- NEW! Content on management in a culturally diverse healthcare environment relates to both hospital staff and patients.
- NEW! Additional Evidence-Based Practice boxes relate to "innovation" topics in leadership and management.
- NEW! Updated organization reflects the Magnet Recognition (2019) and Pathways to Excellence (2016) standards, allowing you to learn the skills and competencies that magnet status hospitals require when hiring nurses.