Nolte's The Human Brain: An Introduction to its Functional AnatomyDe (autor) Todd Vanderah, Douglas J Gould
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 19 Jun 2020
Throughout seven popular editions, Nolte's The Human Brain has accomplished the challenging task of demystifying the complexities of the gross anatomy of the brain, spinal cord, and brainstem. A clear writing style, interesting examples, and high-quality visual cues bring this complicated subject to life and make it more understandable and enjoyable to learn. You'll get the depth of coverage you need with a well-rounded presentation of all key topics in functional neuroanatomy and neuroscience.
Features highly templated, concise chapters that reinforce and expand your knowledge. Provides a real-life perspective through clinically relevant examples, up-to-date neuroimaging techniques, and superb illustrations that support and explain the text. Features a glossary of key terms that elucidates every part of the text, complimented by 3-dimensional images of the brain and the most up-to-date terminology throughout.
Helps you gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with over 100 multiple choice questions available online that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams. New! Clinical Focus Boxes, including neuropathology and neuropharmacology. New! Integrated coverage of neurogenetics and neuroimmunology.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Ilustrații: Approx. 700 illustrations (700 in full color)
Dimensiuni: 216 x 276 mm
Greutate: 1.84 kg
- Introduction to the Nervous System
- Development of the Nervous System
- Gross Anatomy and general Organization of the Central Nervous System
- Meningeal Coverings of the Brain and Spinal Cord
- Ventricles and Cerebrospinal Fluid
- Blood Supply of the Brain
- Electrical Signaling by Neurons
- Synaptic Transmission between Neurons
- Sensory Receptors and the Peripheral Nervous System
- Spinal Cord
- Organization of the Brainstem
- Cranial Nerves and Their Nuclie
- The Chemical Senses of Taste and Smell
- Hearing and Balance: The Eight Cranial Nerve
- Atlas o the Human Brainstem
- The Thalamus and Internal Capsule: Getting to and from the Cerebral Cortex
- The Visual System
- Overview of Motor Systems
- Basal Nuclei
- Control of Eye Movements
- Cerebral Cortex
- Drives and Emotions: The Hypothalamus and Limbic System
- Formation, Modification, and Repair of Neuronal Connections
- Atlas of the Human Forebrain