Maternal Child Nursing CareDe (autor) Shannon E. Perry, Marilyn J. Hockenberry, Mary Catherine Cashion, Kathryn Rhodes Alden, Ellen Olshansky, Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 13 Jul 2022
Master the essentials of maternity and pediatric nursing with this comprehensive, all-in-one text! Maternal Child Nursing Care, 7th Edition covers the issues and concerns of women during their childbearing years and children during their developing years. It uses a family-centered, problem-solving approach to patient care, with guidelines supported by evidence-based practice. New to this edition is an emphasis on clinical judgment skills and a new chapter on children with integumentary dysfunction. Written by a team of experts led by Shannon E. Perry and Marilyn J. Hockenberry, this book provides the accurate information you need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the Next Generation NCLEX-RN® examination.
- Focus on the family throughout the text emphasizes the influence of the entire family in health and illness.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Information on victims of sexual abuse as parents and human trafficking helps you prepare to handle these delicate issues.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that could lead to deteriorating or emergency situations.
- Guidelines boxes outline nursing procedures in an easy-to-follow format.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes include findings from recent clinical studies.
- Emergency Treatment boxes describe the signs and symptoms of emergency situations and provide step-by-step interventions.
- Atraumatic Care boxes describe how to manage pain and provide competent care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, provide resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information nurses need to communicate to patients and families.
- Cultural Considerations boxes describe beliefs and practices relating to pregnancy, labor and birth, parenting, and women's health.
- Family-Centered Care boxes draw attention to the needs or concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
- NEW and UPDATED! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies and NGN exam-style unfolding case studies provide thorough preparation for the NGN exam.
- NEW! Introduction of clinical judgment is included in the preface and in the text.
- NEW! COVID-19 and Zika virus content is added.
- NEW! New chapter on child with integumentary dysfunction includes the most up-to-date information.
- UPDATED clinical guidelines also include well-child care.
- UPDATED content includes topics such as resuscitation, contraception, breast cancer screening, and gestational diabetes.
- UPDATED and EXPANDED! Focus on interprofessional care defines and differentiates the roles of the members of the interprofessional healthcare team.
- UPDATED LBGTQ+ coverage is expanded.
- EXPANDED! More content on spirituality is included in the family, culture, and spiritual chapters.
Ilustrații: Approx. 1100 illustrations (1100 in full color)
Unit 1 Introduction to Maternity Nursing
1 21st Century Maternity Nursing
2 The Family, Culture, Spirituality, and Home Care
Unit 2 Reproductive Years
3 Assessment and Health Promotion
4 Reproductive System Concerns
5 Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
Unit 3 Pregnancy
6 Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
7 Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
8 Nursing Care of the Family During Pregnancy
9 Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
10 Assessment of High-Risk Pregnancy
11 High-Risk Perinatal Care: Preexisting Conditions
12 High-Risk Perinatal Care: Gestational Conditions
Unit 4 Labor and Birth
13 Labor and Birth Processes
14 Maximizing Comfort for the Laboring Woman
15 Fetal Assessment During Labor
16 Nursing Care of the Family During Labor and Birth
17 Labor and Birth Complications
Unit 5 Postpartum Period
18 Physiologic and Behavioral Adaptions of the Newborn
19 Nursing Care of the Family During the Postpartum Period
20 Transition to Parenthood
21 Postpartum Complications
Unit 6 Newborn
22 Physiologic and Behavioral Adaptations of the Newborn
23 Nursing Care of the Newborn and Family
24 Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
25 The High-Risk Newborn
PART 2: PEDIATRIC NURSING
Unit 7 Children, Their Families, and the Nurse
26 21st Century Pediatric Nursing
27 Social, Cultural, Religious, and Family Influences on Child Health Promotion
28 Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
Unit 8 Assessment of the Child and Family
29 Communication and Physical Assessment of the Child and Family
30 Pain Assessment and Management in Children
Unit 9 Health Promotion and Special Health Problems
31 The Infant and Family
32 The Toddler and Family
33 The Preschooler and Family
34 The School-Age Child and Family
35 Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family
Unit 10 Special Needs, Illness, and Hospitalization
36 Impact of Chronic Illness, Disability, or End-of-Life Care on the Child and Family
37 Impact of Cognitive or Sensory Impairment on the Child and Family
38 Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
39 Pediatric Nursing Interventions and Skills
Unit 11 Health Problems of Children
40 The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
41 The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
42 The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
43 The Child with Hematologic and Immunologic Dysfunction
44 The Child with Cancer
45 The Child with Genitourinary Dysfunction
46 The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction
47 The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
48 The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
49 The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
50 The Child with Integumentary Dysfunction