Mastering Global Business: Your Single-Source Guide to Becoming a Master of Global Business (FT Mastering)De (autor) HEC, Imd
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – October 1998
Global companies are local everywhere and foreign nowhere. Easy to say, but hard to do.
Managers need to learn how to handle brands, technologies, information, finance and people, innovatively and on a global scale, without creating stifling bureaucracies.
Here is your single source guide to becoming a master of global business.
Featuring the brightest business minds on the biggest global business topics, including:
on global retailing, Jean-Pierre Jeannet on global strategy, Donald A Marchand on global IT, Sydney Finkelstein on cross-boarder M&A, Vijay Govindarajan and Anil K Gupta on turning global presence into global success, Alan Rugman on multi-national enterprises, James Brian Quinn on innovation, Jean-Pierre Lehmann on national politics and global business, Rory F Knight on global finance, Michel J Lebas on managing foreign subsidiaries, Bernard Garrette and Pierre Dussauge on strategic alliances, Jean-Paul Larçon on Central Europe, William A Fischer and Dominique V Turpin on China...
‘[Companies] face the pressing need to develop a cadre of managers who can view the new opportunities according to a global mindset’
Jean-Pierre Jeannet, p 31
‘Managers are not born global – they acquire global brains…’
Vladimir Pucik, p 147
‘The days of sustained competitive advantage based on quality, competencies and entry barriers are over’
Richard A D’Aveni, p 58
‘Companies are beginning to turn local corporate governance regimes to competitive advantage’
Rory F Knight, p 254
‘Global presence does not automatically ensure competitive advantage’
Vijay Govindarajan & Anil K Gupta, p 42
- Financial Times Mastering : World-class thinking from the frontiers of innovation.
Each book brings readers the latest ideas and innovations in a key business area in a structured, comprehensive and highly accessible format.
Featuring the brightest business minds on the biggest business topics, they are your single-source guides to cutting-edge thought leadership.
1. As business goes global
2. Gaining global competitiveness
4. Creating the global organization
5. Controlling the global organization
6. Cross-cultural management and leadership
7. Reaching the global customer
8. Navigating the tides of global finance
9. Good citizenship: business and the state
10. Regional perspectives
- A single source guide to becoming a master of global business.
- Based on the hugely popular Mastering inserts run by the FT newspaper, the Financial Times Mastering series covers every essential element of business.
- Features the brightest business minds on the biggest global business topics, including: Jacques Horovitz on global retailing, Jean-Pierre Jeannet on global strategy, Donald A Marchand on global IT, and Sydney Finkelstein on cross-boarder M&A.
Textul de pe ultima copertă
Any company that is serious about business success must think -- and act -- globally. But how do organizations make sense of what the real issues are for global business? How do they become global players, and, if already so, how do they become better at it?
These are the questions that Mastering Global Business answers. From IT to organizational design, from finance to marketing, from cultural management to corporate citizenship, Mastering Global Business provides the best in business school thinking on becoming a global business powerhouse.
Like the rest of this best-selling series, this book brings together articles from the series featured in the Financial Times newspaper plus profiles from chief executives of global business. Contributors from top business schools from around the world give this book a truly global view of every aspect of globalization.