Manual of Cardiac Intensive CareEditat de David L. Brown, David Warriner
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 13 Aug 2022
Addressing the changing needs of clinicians in today's CCU, ICU and CICU, Manual of Cardiac Intensive Care is an easy-to-use, point-of-care reference for cardiologists, intensivists, physicians, trainees, and other health care professionals who care for critically ill patients with cardiovascular disease (CVD). This clinically-focused manual offers practical guidance from leading cardiac intensive care experts on the specialized and highly technological care of patients with severe CVD-myocardial infarction, heart failure, cardiogenic shock, and their complications, including respiratory failure and renal failure. The portable, paperback format makes it an excellent resource for day-to-day practice or as an exam or recertification study tool.
Provides the information you need in the CCU, ICU or CICU to deliver high-quality care to increasingly complex and critically ill patients with CVD.
Covers important and emerging topics such as COVID-19, fulminant myocarditis, cardiogenic shock, cardiorenal syndrome, cardiac tamponade, acute aortic dissection, takotsubo cardiomyopathy, and much more.
Describes key procedures including arterial and radial central vascular access, temporary cardiac pacing, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, pericardiocentesis, and more.
Covers a range of topics for effective practice including common misconceptions, clinical presentations, pathophysiology, management, and imaging.
Includes more than 100 radiographic images, echocardiograms, ECGs, anatomic illustrations, and algorithms throughout.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Dimensiuni: 152 x 229 mm
Greutate: 0.41 kg
Section I. Introduction/Foundation of Cardiac Intensive Care
- Physical Examination
Section II. Coronary Artery Disease
2. Acute Myocardial Infarction: Diagnosis, Electrocardiography, and Reperfusion Therapies
3. Acute Myocardial Infarction: Adjunctive Pharmacologic Therapies
4. Post-Myocardial Infarction Cardiogenic Shock
5. Right Ventricular Infarction
6. Mechanical Complications of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Section III. Noncoronary Diseases: Diagnosis and Management
7. Acute Heart Failure and Pulmonary Edema
8. Acute Fulminant Myocarditis
9. Stress (Takotsubo) Cardiomyopathy
10. Distributive Shock
11. Cardiorenal Syndrome
12. Sudden Cardiac Death
13. Diagnosis and Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia
14. Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia
15. Acute Presentations of Valvular Heart Disease
16. Hypertensive Emergencies
17. Acute Aortic Syndromes: Diagnosis and Management
18. Acute Respiratory Failure
19. Massive Acute Pulmonary Embolism
20. Overdose of Cardiotoxic Drugs
Section IV. Pharmacologic Agents in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
21. Inotropic and Vasoactive Agents
22. Intensive Diuresis and Ultrafiltration
23. Antiarrhythmic Electrophysiology and Pharmacotherapy
Section V. Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques: Indications and Technical Considerations
24. Central Venous Access Procedures
25. Temporary Pacing
27. Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
28. Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices
29. Ventricular Assist Device Therapy in Advanced Heart Failure
30. Emergency Airway Management
31. Mechanical Ventilation
32. Palliative Care