Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English (Grammar Reference)De (autor) Douglas Biber, Susan Conrad, Geoffrey Leech
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 21 Nov 2002
- Examines patterns of use in the news, fiction and academic English
- Takes grammar and vocabulary together and looks at how they interact
- Is based on the analysis of 40-million words of British and American, written and spoken corpus text
- Uses over 3000 examples of real, corpus English to illustrate the points
- Uses frequency tables and graphs to make the new findings of this grammar clear
Douglas Biber is Professor of Applied Linguistics (English Department) at Northern Arizona University. His books and articles deal with language use in spoken and written discourse.