Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology (Essentials of Behavioral Science)De (autor) Linda Wilmshurst
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 03 Feb 2015
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Second Edition provides a concise, accessible overview of the major theories, assessment practices, and key issues. This updated Second Edition describes the significant changes in the way DSM(TM)-5 conceptualizes disorders in children and adolescents, and includes a new chapter on child abuse, child maltreatment, and self-injurious behavior. Using practical case examples to illustrate key points, the book addresses specific disorders and problems prevalent among this age group--including anxiety, mood disorders, and traumatic stress. Each chapter features reader-friendly elements like Rapid Reference, Caution, and Don't Forget boxes that call out important information, facilitating easy look-up and quick navigation.
This invaluable resource fills the need for an overview of the most current issues and changes in the field, allowing readers to:
- Review the development, theories, and influences in child and adolescent psychopathology
- Understand neurodevelopmental disorders including intellectual and developmental disabilities, ADHD, and specific learning disabilities or disorders
- Compare and contrast the manifestations of internalized vs. externalized disorders
- Examine later-onset disorders and special topics including eating disorders, substance abuse, and trauma-related disorders
The book also includes appendices on ethical conduct, assessment instruments, and IDEA 2004, providing readers the guidance and tools that can help increase positive outcomes. Whether used as a secondary text or as a professional reference, Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Second Edition provides an authoritative briefing on this evolving area of practice.
- Primary Audience: Professionals in the fields of psychology, counseling, social work, education
- Courses: Appropriate for undergraduate and graduate level courses in child and adolescent psychopathology and for continuing education in school psychology, psychology, clinical psychology, counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy and pediatric psychology.
- Exhibit books at the National Association of School Psychologists, American Psychological Association, National Academy of Neuropsychologists, Fordham Conference, and State affiliates of NASP