Engineering Design via Surrogate Modelling: A Practical GuideDe (autor) Alexander Forrester, András Sobester, Andy Keane
en Limba Engleză Carte Hardback – 25 Jul 2008
Engineering Design via Surrogate Modelling is a self-contained guide to surrogate models and their use in engineering design. The fundamentals of building, selecting, validating, searching and refining a surrogate are presented in a manner accessible to novices in the field. Figures are used liberally to explain the key concepts and clearly show the differences between the various techniques, as well as to emphasize the intuitive nature of the conceptual and mathematical reasoning behind them.
More advanced and recent concepts are each presented in stand-alone chapters, allowing the reader to concentrate on material pertinent to their current design problem, and concepts are clearly demonstrated using simple design problems. This collection of advanced concepts (visualization, constraint handling, coping with noisy data, gradient-enhanced modelling, multi-fidelity analysis and multiple objectives) represents an invaluable reference manual for engineers and researchers active in the area.
Engineering Design via Surrogate Modelling is complemented by a suite of Matlab codes, allowing the reader to apply all the techniques presented to their own design problems. By applying statistical modelling to engineering design, this book bridges the wide gap between the engineering and statistics communities. It will appeal to postgraduates and researchers across the academic engineering design community as well as practising design engineers.
- Provides an inclusive and practical guide to using surrogates in engineering design.
- Presents the fundamentals of building, selecting, validating, searching and refining a surrogate model.
- Guides the reader through the practical implementation of a surrogate-based design process using a set of case studies from real engineering design challenges.
Accompanied by a companion website featuring Matlab software at http: //www.wiley.com/go/forrester
Dimensiuni: 181 x 251 x 19 mm
Greutate: 0.54 kg
Locul publicării: Chichester, United Kingdom
Public țintăPrimary Market
- Postgraduate and academic researchers in the field of design
- Practicing design engineers
- Graduate students taking courses in or working on projects in design