Drowned WorldsEditat de Jonathan Strahan De (autor) Kim Stanley Robinson, Charlie Jane Anders, Ken Liu, Paul McAuley, Kathleen Ann Goonan, Jeffrey Ford, Lavie Tidhar, James Morrow
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 14 Jul 2016
Drowned Worlds looks at the future we might have if the oceans rise – good or bad. Here you’ll find stories of action, adventure, romance and, yes, warning and apocalypse. Stories inspired by Ballard’s The Drowned World, Sterling’s Islands in the Net, and Ryman’s The Child Garden; stories that allow that things may get worse, but remembers that such times also bring out the best in us all. Multi-award winning editor Jonathan Strahan has put together sixteen unique tales of deluged worlds and those who fight to survive and strive to live.
Featuring fiction by Paul McAuley, Ken Liu, Kim Stanley Robinson, Nina Allan, Kathleen Ann Goonan, Christopher Rowe, Nalo Hopkinson, Sean Williams, Jeffrey Ford, Lavie Tidhar, Rachel Swirsky, James Morrow, Charlie Jane Anders, Sam J. Miller and Catherynne M. Valente.
Jonathan Strahan is a World Fantasy Award award-winning editor, anthologist, and podcaster. He has edited more than 70 books, is reviews editor for Locus, a consulting editor for Tor.com, and co-host and producer of the Hugo-nominated Coode Street Podcast.
- Introduction, Jonathan Strahan
- 13 Elves of Antarctica, Paul McAuley
- Dispatches from the Cradle: The Hermit – Forty-Eight Hours in the Sea of Massachusetts, Ken Liu
- Venice Drowned, Kim Stanley Robinson
- Brownsville Station, Christopher Rowe
- Who Do You Love? Kathleen Ann Goonan
- Because Change Was the Ocean and We Lived by Her Mercy, Charlie Jane Anders
- The Common Tongue, the Present Tense, the Known, Nina Allan
- What is, Jeffrey Ford
- Destroyed by the Waters, Rachel Swirsky
- The New Venusians, Sean Williams
- Inselberg, Nalo Hopkinson
- Only Ten More Shopping Days Left Till Ragnarök, James Morrow
- Last Gods, Sam J. Miller
- Drowned, Lavie Tidhar
- The Future is Blue, Catherynne M. Valente