Digital Manufacturing and Assembly Systems in Industry 4.0 (Science, Technology, and Management)
en Limba Engleză Hardback – 21 Aug 2019
Manufacturing, like other industries, is rising to the challenges imposed by aggressive consumer demands and the need for cost-effective processing which delivers quality in the fastest possible time. Fierce competition means that keeping abreast of new developments and applications in technology is essential if companies are to meet demands profitably and keep ahead of competitors. This book investigates the design and management of digital manufacturing and assembly systems for an efficient, flexible and modular production of customized products using the I40 enabling technologies. This book will also provide case studies covering modelling, simulation, and optimization.
eBook includes color figures.
- Discusses how the advancement of data communication and storage through the Internet of things (IoT), opens the possibilities of connecting sensors, robots, and devices
- Sheds light on how the human role in industry is decreasing due to the development of connected manufacturing floors allowing them to take more control over the manufacturing processes, decisions, and even maintenance
- Covers the benefits from exploiting digital manufacturing, manufacturing enterprises, and what they expect to achieve
- Explains the important role that modelling, simulation, and optimization plays
- Investigates the design and management of digital manufacturing and assembly systems for an efficient, flexible, and modular production of customized products exploiting the I40 (Industry 4.0) enabling technologies