Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and TechniquesDe (autor) Ian H. Witten, Eibe Frank, Mark A. Hall, Christopher J. Pal
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 20 Dec 2016
Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, Fourth Edition, offers a thorough grounding in machine learning concepts, along with practical advice on applying these tools and techniques in real-world data mining situations. This highly anticipated fourth edition of the most acclaimed work on data mining and machine learning teaches readers everything they need to know to get going, from preparing inputs, interpreting outputs, evaluating results, to the algorithmic methods at the heart of successful data mining approaches.
Extensive updates reflect the technical changes and modernizations that have taken place in the field since the last edition, including substantial new chapters on probabilistic methods and on deep learning. Accompanying the book is a new version of the popular WEKA machine learning software from the University of Waikato. Authors Witten, Frank, Hall, and Pal include today's techniques coupled with the methods at the leading edge of contemporary research.
Please visit the book companion website at http: //www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/book.html
- Powerpoint slides for Chapters 1-12. This is a very comprehensive teaching resource, with many PPT slides covering each chapter of the book
- Online Appendix on the Weka workbench; again a very comprehensive learning aid for the open source software that goes with the book
- Table of contents, highlighting the many new sections in the 4th edition, along with reviews of the 1st edition, errata, etc.
- Provides a thorough grounding in machine learning concepts, as well as practical advice on applying the tools and techniques to data mining projects
- Presents concrete tips and techniques for performance improvement that work by transforming the input or output in machine learning methods
- Includes a downloadable WEKA software toolkit, a comprehensive collection of machine learning algorithms for data mining tasks-in an easy-to-use interactive interface
- Includes open-access online courses that introduce practical applications of the material in the book
Dimensiuni: 191 x 235 x 32 mm
Greutate: 1.31 kg
Ediția: 4. Auflage.
Editura: ELSEVIER SCIENCE
Public țintăData analysts, data scientists, data architects. Business analysts, computer science students taking courses in data mining and machine learning.
Part II. More advanced machine learning schemes 6. Trees and rules 7. Extending instance-based and linear models 8. Data transformations 9. Probabilistic methods 10. Deep learning 11. Beyond supervised and unsupervised learning 12. Ensemble learning 13. Moving on: applications and beyond