CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment : Lange (McGraw-Hill Professional)De (autor) Maxine A. Papadakis
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – October 2014
To deliver the best care to your patients, turn to the #1 annually updated guide in internal medicine and clinical practice.A Doody's Core Title for 2015.
The 2015 Edition is packed with important NEW information!
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Latest 2014 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology guidelines for anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation, and indications for interventions in valvular heart disease
- Update on the epidemic of opioid-based prescription drug abuse, misuse and overdose, and new section on opioids for chronic, noncancer pain
- Revised treatment options for Helicobacter pylori and chronic hepatitis C
- Latest hypertension information from 2013 UK National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence and US Joint National Committee (JNC8) Reports
- Discussion of which patients benefit from statins, and indications for high vs. moderate intensity statins, based on 2014 AHA/ACC guidelines
- Scoring tools for assessing the severity of acute pancreatitis
- Revised psychiatric diagnoses in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual’s 5th edition
Here's why CMDT is essential to your clinical practice:
- Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
- Full review of other relevant primary care topics, including obstetrics/gynecology, dermatology, neurology, urology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, geriatrics, women’s health, and palliative care
- Hundreds of medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices
- Many helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
- Only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
- Recent references with PMID numbers for easy online access
- Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Maxine Papadakis, MD, Stephen McPhee, MD, and Michael W. Rabow, MD (San Francisco, CA) are affiliated with the University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine.