Contemporary Fixed ProsthodonticsEditat de Stephen F. Rosenstiel, Martin F. Land
en Limba Engleză Carte Hardback – 25 Sep 2015
Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 5th Edition is a comprehensive, user-friendly text that offers dental students and practitioners an excellent opportunity to understand the basic principles of fixed prosthodontics. This text provides a strong foundation in basic science, followed by practical step-by-step clinical applications. Procedures are presented in an organized, systematic format, and are illustrated by over 3,000 clear, high-quality drawings and photographs, now in full-color. The material is logically divided into sections that cover planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures. The text also includes two invaluable appendices that provide an updated list of dental materials and equipment, as well as a guide to manufacturers.
New to this edition:
- NEW full-color photos and drawings enhance your understanding and comprehension of each topic, and show the newest instruments and equipment.
- NEW Periodontal Considerations chapter offers a new approach to comprehensive fixed prosthodontics treatment, covering the concepts and clinical modes of periodontal therapy available prior to the development of an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- NEW section on digital impression techniques describes how to create a virtual, computer-generated replica of the hard and soft tissues in the mouth using lasers and other optical scanning devices.
- NEW section on virtual articulators addresses the new software tool providing dynamic visualization of the occlusal surface, eliminating the need for a mechanical articulator, with modules discussing the contact of the occlusal surface of the maxilla and mandible and the relation to the condylar movement.
- NEW section on cone beam imaging allows clear visualization of osseous contours and bone volume, facilitating better decisions about the size of implant fixtures that realistically can be accommodated.
- NEW section on digital interim fixed restorations covers the fabrication of large multi-unit composite or polymethyl methacrylate external surface forms in advance for use with indirect/direct restorative techniques.
Ilustrații: Approx. 3717 illustrations (3330 in full color)
Dimensiuni: 216 x 276 x 43 mm
Greutate: 2.83 kg
Public țintăAcademic/professional/technical: Research and professional
PART 1: PLANNING AND PREPARATION 1. History Taking and Clinical Examination
2. Diagnostic Casts and Related Procedures
3. Treatment Planning
4. Principles of Occlusion
5. Periodontal Considerations
6. Mouth Preparation
PART 2: CLINICAL PROCEDURES: SECTION 1
7. Principles of Tooth Preparation
8. The Complete Cast Crown Preparation
9. The Metal-Ceramic Crown Preparation
10. The Partial Veneer Crown, Inlay, and Onlay Preparations
11. Tooth Preparation for All-Ceramic Restorations
12. Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
13. Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses
14. Tissue Management and Impression Making
15. Interim Fixed Restorations
PART 3: LABORATORY PROCEDURES
16. Communicating with the Dental Laboratory
17. Definitive Casts and Dies
18. Wax Patterns
19. Framework Design and Metal Selection for Metal-Ceramic Restorations
20. Pontic Design
21. Retainers for Partial Removable Dental Prostheses
22. Investing and Casting
23. Description of Color, Color-Replication Process, and Esthetics
24. Metal-Ceramic Restorations
25. All-Ceramic Restorations
26. Resin-Bonded Fixed Dental Prostheses
27. Connectors for Partial Fixed Dental Prostheses
28. Finishing the Cast Restoration
PART 4: CLINICAL PROCEDURES: SECTION 2
29. Evaluation, Characterization, and Glazing
30. Luting Agents and Cementation Procedures
31. Postoperative Care
Appendix A: Dental Materials and Equipment Index
Appendix B: Manufacturers' Index (online)