Provocare de la librarul tău personal, ziua #11
Felicitări dacă ați ajuns până aici!
Vă propunem și vă punem la dispoziție câte un capitol în fiecare zi din cărți noi și bestsellers și vă provocăm să-l citiți pe fiecare. Cărțile sunt pe zona profesională și pasiuni și sunt în limba engleză.
Dacă nu ați citit capitolul din ziua anterioară, iată-l The Agile Marketer
Ensuring Your Sales Coaching Gets Results
Salespeople sell more when they’re coached effectively and regularly. Results prove sales coaching increases sales, the Harvard Business Review has reported on it, and the Sales Executive Council documents it.
Yet, you may be wondering how it works in your world. Picture this: You have a new salesperson on your team. Joe’s an averageperforming sales guy, and you’re about to have your first sales coaching session with him.
He’s just finished a sales interaction with a potential client, Susan. He’s done some things well, and he’s done some things that need improvement (like most salespeople).
The high point on Joe’s sales behavior curve represents the most effective behaviors he engaged in with Susan.
• Asking some great discovery questions.
• Providing relevant information at the ideal time in the conversation.
• Remembering to set the agenda for the next time they meet.
The low point represents the least effective behaviors Joe demonstrated with Susan. These involve:
• Forgetting to ask Susan which product solutions her company had tried unsuccessfully.
• Agreeing the product he suggested was expensive without illustrating its valuable ROI.
• Not sharing the success story of a client with a similar issue to Susan’s company. Despite Joe’s efforts, Susan decided not to buy during their sales interaction. The magic happens after you coach Joe and he sells to the next potential client with an issue similar to Susan’s. During the call with that next client, Maria, Joe does not repeat the ineffective behaviors from the low point of his interaction with Susan. His techniques that, on the graph, were labeled “Effective Behaviors,” become his least effective behaviors, while the most effective behaviors from his interaction with Susan now represent his average performance. Overall, the standards of Joe’s sales behaviors trend upward. And here’s the most exciting benefit of sales coaching with Joe: He engages in new, even more effective sales behaviors with Maria, so his most effective sales behaviors are stronger than they were previously. Therefore, Joe sells better and sooner in his sales conversation with Maria than he did with Susan. As proof of his success, Maria decides to buy during the interaction.
Cumpără cartea prin Books Express, librarul tău personal “Îți aducem orice carte din lume pentru profesia și pasiunile tale.”