Bee Products and Their Applications in the Food and Pharmaceutical IndustriesEditat de Dilek Boyacioglu
en Limba Engleză Paperback – 22 Apr 2022
Bee Products and Their Applications in the Food and Pharmaceutical Industries focuses on the health benefits of selected bee products by looking more closely at their pharmacological potentials and therapeutic applications in coping with various diseases. The book explores some of these products, such as royal jelly, propolis and bee venom, which is highly attractive to the food supplement sector due to the biological actions that are proved by scientific studies. Bee products also attract the cosmetics industry by utilizing those products in various applications such as hair products, toothpaste, sunscreen creams, lip balsams, or facial moisturizing creams.
Each chapter focuses on a particular health benefit, providing more compact and detailed information about each activity for a specific interest. The mainframe of the book is based on the medicinal and pharmacological functions of bee products, with the therapeutic applications for each bee product supporting the mechanism of action of their biological functions.
- Explores bee products such as honey, royal jelly, propolis, bee venom, bee pollen, bee bread, and beeswax health benefits
- Includes the potential of bee products as a food supplement and cosmetic product
- Covers the medicinal and pharmacological functions of bee products
Dimensiuni: 152 x 229 mm
Greutate: 0.62 kg
Editura: ELSEVIER SCIENCE
Public țintăPrimary: Research scholars, professors, scientists, industry experts, R&D specialists in the food industry, food chemists, R&D personnel within the food ingredients area.
Secondary: Specialists in relevant sectors, such as pharmacology and medicine, dieticians, healthcare and complementary medicine professionals, physicians, pharmacologists who are working towards utilizing the healthy functions of bee products. Beekeepers and their associations would be interested in developing their products with enhanced health attributes. The regulatory bodies who are in charge of legislation, regulatory approvals, and risk assessment are also considered within the audience framework.
1. Bee Products - An Overview of Their Pharmacological Properties and Medicinal Applications
2. Bee Products and Skin Therapy
3. Bee Products and Diabetes Mellitus
4. Propolis and Immune System
5. Propolis and Gastrointestinal Tract Diseases
6. Potential of Propolis Against SARS CoV-2 Coronavirus Infection
7. Effect of Propolis on Fungi of Human Clinical Interest
8. Royal Jelly and Fertility
9. Prevention of Side Effects from Chemoradiotherapy and Antitumor Potential of Royal Jelly and Its Components - A Systematic Review
10. Royal Jelly: Healthy Aging and Longevity
11. Bee Pollen in Cosmetics-The Chemical Point of View
12. Pollen and Bee Bread and Liver Health
13. Bee Bread and Gut Microbiota
14. Therapeutic Application of Bee Venom for Rheumatoid Arthritis
15. Bee Venom - Antitumor Activity and its Therapeutic Applications
16. An Overview of Risks and Benefits of Bee Products
17. Prospects of Propolis, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, and Bee Venom