2019 Nelson's Pediatric Antimicrobial TherapyDe (autor) Elizabeth Barnett, Joseph B. Cantey, David W. Kimberlin, Paul E. Palumbo, Jason Sauberan, William J. Steinbach
en Limba Engleză Carte Paperback – 30 Jan 2019
This best-selling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens. In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the program includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antibiotics.
- Practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy
- At-a-glance tables of bacterial and fungal pathogen susceptibilities to commonly used antimicrobials
- Information on antimicrobial stewardship where relevant throughout the book
- Updated references and reviews for therapy for clinically important infections (e.g., community-acquired pneumonia in children, endocarditis, MRSA infections)
- Antibiotic therapy for children with obesity
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis/prevention of symptomatic infection
- Maximal adult dosages and higher dosages of some antimicrobials commonly used in children
Dimensiuni: 114 x 165 x 20 mm
Greutate: 0.27 kg
Editura: American Academy of Pediatrics